Spring Homeowners Checklist
Spring is here!
We highly recommend some spring home maintenance to ensure your home is in tip top shape after winter.
The following list is McClelland’s spring check-list for homeowners.
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
• Clean out and repair eaves troughs and downspouts.
• Ensure downspouts extend from your home by at least six feet or set up a rain barrel to catch water runoff.
• Repair driveways, walkways, patio deterioration and seal cracks.
• Paint or stain exterior trim, fences and decks as needed.
• Repair damage on the outside of your home, including cracks.
• Find and seal any foundation, crawlspace, or basement crack, seepage or leaks.
• Wash and repair holes in window and door screens.
• Ensure the soil around your home slopes away from the foundation.
INSIDE YOUR HOME
• Inspect the attic for signs of roof leaks.
• Inspect the washing machine, fridge and dishwasher hoses and clean the filters.
• Check the basement walls for any leaks, drips or dampness.
• Check the float of your sump pump to ensure it’s clean and moving freely by slowly pouring water into the sump tank.
• Check that the battery of your sump pump is in good condition by running the sump pump a second time with the power off.